It's that time of year again...time to focus on your New Year's resolutions. Many people begin an exercise program, but abandon it before Easter.
However, you can increase your chances for long-term success if you follow these five simple tips to achieve your fitness goals.
1. Set goals that are specific - A goal has a much greater chance of being accomplished if it deals with specific facts and events. If your directions are vague, they can be misconstrued and easily skipped over. Specific goals provide regimen and precision to your training program.
2. Write it down - In order to eventuate the goal, you have to plan your attack. Write your goals down and schedule dates for their completion and evaluation. This can be the key to success, as writing down your goals will position you as the creator.
3. Don’t be afraid to ask for help - Asking for help is nothing to be ashamed of, as freshening up your skills may be the thing that sets you apart. Seeking advice may come in a variety of different forms: from asking a friend, to developing a mentor – these will only get you one step closer to achieving your goals.
4. Remain accountable - When you are working towards a goal, things are bound to get tough. When facing adversity, you have to hold yourself accountable. Telling your family and friends about your goals may give you the responsibility you need. If you remain accountable in your everyday life, you will also surround yourself with constant encouragement from those who are following your progress.
5. Believe in the process - The first step to goal setting is having absolute faith and belief in the process.
Want to chat? Contact me here www.welllifehealth.com